7 different types of hardscaping designs.
Hardscaping are man-made structures within your landscaping design that are fabricated of inanimate materials such as brick, stone, gravel, pavers, or wood. There are a variety of products and materials available that can be used to create hardscaping designs for your infrastructure . A hardscaping cost may vary depending on the type of materials chosen to build the element. Here are 7 different types of hardscape design or features that you may want to consider:
- Retaining walls: A retaining wall is referred to as a load-bearing wall that helps to retain or hold back soil pressure and draw the boundary at the top or bottom of a hill. Retaining walls can effectively dampen up soil, dirt, and water runoff preventing them from interfering with your growing softscape.
- Fire pits: Built-in fire pits and fireplaces made of either stone or brick are both functional and visually appealing hardscaping that can help enhance your outdoor setting making them more livable and relaxing.
- Stone pathways: Stone pathways are generally constructed from materials such as concrete pavers and natural stone. By building a stone pathway in your outdoor space you can have easy access to the different parts of your backyard or garden without getting your feet dirty and trampling on dirt.
- Patios and decks: Patios and decks are another hardscaping structure that can help extend living space in your outdoor surroundings. Decks and patios can be created using various materials including concrete and brick depending on your budget and maintenance needs.
- Water fountains: Adding water features such as water fountains and garden streams can offer your backyard a peaceful and natural ambiance.
- Gazebos and pergolas: Gazebos and pergolas are freestanding structures that are partially shaded walkways available in different shapes, sizes, themes, and materials. Along with providing shade and shelter, they can also make your outdoor setting more livable.
- Driveways: Driveways can be constructed out of materials such as concrete, brick, stone, or asphalt that are sturdy and weather resistant. Some houses often have a built-in driveway however some homeowners also choose to construct new driveways when they decide to expand their property.
How hardscaping design impacts your infrastructure decor?
The hardscaping designs on your infrastructure not just provide structural support but also complement frames. Adding hardscape features such as decks, retaining walls, driveways, and pavers can enhance the living space of your outdoor setting. Hardscaping materials can be chosen to create visual interest or to fade into the outdoor background. The type and arrangement of the landscape are important for managing space, erosion, water, safety, and light in the backyard. It is essential to get help from experts as small design choices can result in different aesthetics and can make a big impact on your infrastructure decor.
Are you looking to improve the function and visual appearance of your outdoor space? Then Allgood Construction is here to serve you. With years of extensive experience in construction and masonry trades, we provide outstanding design consultation, construction, repair, and replacement of brick, stone, or concrete work.